Saturday 29 August 2015

TIPS FOR EFFECTIVE STUDYING

1. Always read to improve yourself not for the sake of passing examinations alone. Always believe you know nothing even when you know you have an idea on the topic matter. You always get clearer understanding each time you revisit an already known fact with the mind of developing your cognitive ability. This system will also discourage the fire brigade approach in most students who always engage in serious studies when examination is at the corner. The fire brigade style will do no benefit because whatever is read has no intrinsic value as it can easily be forgotten in a short period. 2. Make a wise choice in what improves your level of concentration before embarking on study journey. In doing this firstly try to understand nature as regards what activates and improves your concentration. Some students study style might be allergic to a quiet environment. Their level of concentration may be affected by the serene environment which might drift their mind away or even sleep off. For instance,I find it difficult studying in a very quiet environment I either my mind picks some form of imagination which derails my concentration or I doze off totally. But after much observance on my nature I later discovered I do better in a not too quiet condition. 3. Find the best or perfect condition. Sometimes I have a transistor radio by my side to retain and boost my level of concentration and it has worked effectively well for me. Take note this is my own nature it might work for you or might not. You need to study yourself to know what suits your nature. You might be able to study very well in a very quiet condition,or while lying on your bed,or far away from your home,or while snacking.. So, get the best or perfect condition that suits your study style!

No comments:

Post a Comment